myway speed bar problem

patso 21:53 05 Jan 05

everytime my kids are finished surfing adaware finds myway speed bar reg entry.what is this and how can you get rid of it or stop it permanently as i keep deleting it when its found.any ideas please. thanks

patso 21:55 05 Jan 05

i forgot to mention im running xp hhome with sp2 and avg 7 free.i also have spybot

VoG II 21:56 05 Jan 05

Are they using KaZaa - if so, MyWay Speedbar is the least of your worries!

patso 22:02 05 Jan 05

no i have no shared file prog at all. my net speed is too seems to be from a music site .what is this do you know as i run all my virus progs and clear everything after each session.i dont use file sharing at all thanks.

gudgulf 22:14 05 Jan 05

Have a look in add/remove programmes ...myway searchbar often has an uninstaller which you can use to remove it.Then manually uninstall your kids as I'm afraid Adaware, good though it is wont do this for you.

VoG II 22:14 05 Jan 05

Run these CWShredder click here and a² click here and see what they come up with.

gudgulf 22:22 05 Jan 05

And if you have SpybotS&D make sure you use the "immunise" function to help stop nasties getting on your system in the first place.SpywareBlaster click here
will add even more protection.

patso 23:13 05 Jan 05

thanks for all the help to all who replied.sound advice and thanks for the links . patso

sidecar sid 23:15 05 Jan 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…