Mystery 'New Connection Detected'??

Gappy1 23:49 08 Dec 03

Can anyone help me? I've been on Blueyonder Broadband for a couple of months now. Tonight i've turned on my PC and immediately received a message from Norton stating that a new connection had been detected and what do I want to do with it. I couldn't do anything else until I had chosen from either Home/Office/Away or Custom set-up.
I've selected 'Away' but I dont know what this means....has something sinister occurred????
It gave me a GATEWAY MAC ID number and a GATEWAY IP ADDRESS number....but again not being very computer literate I have no idea if this is good or bad!!
Can anyone advise me please?
Thanks

Steven135 00:04 09 Dec 03

You can check your connections in control panel -network connections. Also right click on the IE Icon on your desktop choose connections and check in there, on broadband there should not be any connections ushowing nless you have set up a dialup connection.

Could be that Norton just redetected your card.

Gappy1 00:09 09 Dec 03

Thanks Steven...I've checked and there is no dial up connection showing so hopefully its Norton re-detecting as you say!

nyleridedog 13:26 09 Dec 03

They will be able to help you, they always do me good?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…