Mystery Memory

Les52 22:32 08 Mar 04

i have a stick of memory which is 512MB PC133 sdram. It has a logo ATA on the chip, the a looks like a 4 backwards like 4ta. I have tried it in 4 different computers , but it is not recognised. How do you tell if the memory is duff? Also i read you can clean the the base of the module with a baby wipe or something similar. i have search the web for info on the module with no success. Any ideas please.
Regards
Les

Les52 22:40 08 Mar 04

i just tried yet another computer and this time i got i single beep then 2 beeps, does this tell you anything?

TTP 22:40 08 Mar 04

You'll need to give more info like ; Mobo Serial no(if Poss.), maker , age of pc ,O/s etc for the Pc youre trying to fit it into....

TTP 22:41 08 Mar 04

To let the more exp. forumers get a take on it

Indigo 1 22:45 08 Mar 04

Yes the beep code is important but different maufacturers use different codes, more info required.

Les52 14:16 09 Mar 04

Motherboard is a PC Chips m810L ver 7.1A which is about a year old. Windows 98 operating system.
Duron 1300 processor
the other pc has just been upgraded with a new motherboard and this is the actual motherboard this memory had worked ok along side another 512mb albeit a different make. The story goes the repair shop said the motherboard was no good hence i got one of the sticks of ram. i believe the motherboard was fine and this memory module was the fault.i will see if i can borrow the other stick of ram or maybe exchange and report back.
Also tested in a gigabyte 7zmmp athlon 1000 mhz processor windows ME
Also gigabyte ga-72m(p)amd athlon 1000mhz windows 98
Same fault, fans start etc , monitor turns off just like the others
Cheers Les

Les52 13:12 10 Mar 04

does anybody know a good link to info about sdram to explain all the differences between the different types ie parity, non parity, ecc etc
Cheers.

does changing the Bios settings for memory have any bearing on this issue?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…