Mystery files revealed by NoAdware tool

johnpalmer 12:43 06 Sep 07

Whenever I run the NoAware v4.0 software, it reveals 3 problem files that are marked as SEVERE.

AVG Antispyware does not find them.

When I action the delete feature, I am advised that they won't be removed until my next re-boot.

These SEVERE files re-appear whenever I run NoAdware again. The files are as follows:-

SpywareLocked C:\Documents & Settings\Default User

johnpalmer 12:52 06 Sep 07

Sorry, but I clicked post response before I finished the message. It should read as follows

Whenever I run the NoAware v4.0 software, it reveals 3 problem files that are marked as SEVERE.

AVG Antispyware does not find them.

When I action the delete feature, I am advised that they won't be removed until my next re-boot.

These SEVERE files re-appear whenever I run NoAdware again. The files are as follows:-

SpywareLocked C:\Documents & Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Temp\clclean.001

There are two other identical files, except the user is changed to Administrator and my own name.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:29 06 Sep 07

t is installed by the Creative Audigy line of sound cards. If you have a new PC with an Audigy sound card or an Audigy processor on your motherboard, there is a good chance that this file is running on startup.It's "Creative Filter AudioControlMB Module" (ctmbha.dll, version 1.0.1.22).

johnpalmer 08:38 07 Sep 07

Dear Fruit bat,

I do have Sound Blaster Audigy in my PC, and there is a Creative thingy in my startup files.

If this is OK, can I assume that these are not SEVERE as reported by NoAdware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…