Mystery file

ljh2805 13:04 07 Apr 04

I keep getting an unknown folder appearing in "my documents"
The folder contains an empty file named as "kdx"
I have no idea what it is or where it came from and I continue to delete it, but it keeps reappearing after I boot up.
Could this be some sort of virus, or hacker.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:08 07 Apr 04

Could be spy ware there is a program called Hex kdx i think a bit like messenger but if you installed it you would know.The folder could be a log file of chats and things and because you havent used it its empty.Im by no means 100% about this just an idea.

Regards.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:10 07 Apr 04

Think this is the app but not sure you have it.
click here

Regards.

GroupFC 13:17 07 Apr 04

I've just been "googling" this but you beat me to it!!

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:20 07 Apr 04

Only thing that turned up on google,lol thats why im not sure about it.May have nothing to do with it at all.

Regards

Xevious 13:28 07 Apr 04

has this file got an extension?

ljh2805 13:58 07 Apr 04

Thanks for the responses,
Looking at the program  ÑÌÇKÑÂMË said about, it looks like it could be the one, but I have never installed it.
In answer to Xevious, no it has no extension

Xevious 14:02 07 Apr 04

what file type does it show as? does it say it's an application? if that's the case it should have an extension of .exe

else look in the folder in DOS mode and that'll show what it is too...

but this may be irrelevant of course but it may help in finding exactly what this file is...?

ljh2805 14:30 07 Apr 04

just shows as "file folder" and in properties it says "read only"
How do I look in DOS mode?

recap 14:38 07 Apr 04

If you suspect that it is spyware, click here and download spybot s&d this will enable you to clear it from your system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…