Mystery entry in "Startup"

Meshuga 08:04 21 Apr 05

Having gone to startup prog via start-run-msconfig to check something,I found an entry, which I`ve not seen before,which showed as follows, "a horizontal line of 7 tiny squares followed by a gap and then 8 tiny squares and then the words Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\current version. This is repeated in another line further down. I went to start- search and ran the search for it but it said "This is not a valid folder". I have these entries unticked. How can I remove them from the startup or should I ignore them please. I have looked in Add and remove but nothing in there seems to relate to it. Your help appreciated please.

Graham ® 08:52 21 Apr 05

I can only suggest you do a sfc /scannow check.

Meshuga 09:01 21 Apr 05

How do I do that please Graham.

Graham ® 09:02 21 Apr 05

Put sfc /scannow in the Run box.

Graham ® 09:02 21 Apr 05

Should say, 'sfc' = System File Checker.

Meshuga 09:03 21 Apr 05

Ok, will do and come back.

Meshuga 09:10 21 Apr 05

Hi Graham, Have done tha but as soon as I cick ok it just disappears. Nothing happens.

Meshuga 09:13 21 Apr 05

Graham, I was typing sfc, should I have put the full wording in?

Graham ® 09:23 21 Apr 05

Yes. sfc space /scannow.

Meshuga 09:26 21 Apr 05

I have typed the full wording in and got the System window with a number of files in it but they mean nothing to me. Most are drivers. Where do I go from here please?

Meshuga 09:30 21 Apr 05

Have to go out now but will resume later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…