Mysterious toolbar

explicitlyrics100 01:43 11 Jul 03

I just upgraded to windows xp pro from windows 98se. I am running a p3 500mhz and 320mb ram with a mx400 graphics card. I used to have a toolbar with all my program shortcuts down the side of my screen which would auto hide, however, now, after upgrading all i get is the outline (i.e. i can see the bar expanding but it does not hide the desktop or contain any of my icons.) I have a feeling this is because the folder that the toolbar referred to has not been updated so that it knows to look in the documents and settings folder. however the bar is auto hiding and thus is impossible to click on and thus i cannot remove it. i have a copy of the folder but i am not sure where to put it to bring back my old toolbar as it is very annoying and actually slows the computer down a LOT when you select the toolbar. Thanks in advance, Chris

hugh-265156 02:25 11 Jul 03

instead of clicking the toolbar try right clicking the taskbar then select toolbars and untick it.

then create a new one.

explicitlyrics100 02:33 11 Jul 03

the toolbar is invisible to all intents and purposes. however when i move my mouse to the edge of the screen i get a pop up bar that sticks out and would have exactly the same features as my old bar, just without the button on it. Chris

explicitlyrics100 02:37 11 Jul 03

fixed, i created another toolbar and dragged it into the same position, it came up with an error message but after that it allowed me to select my old toolbar and remove it. luckily i remembered the name of my toolbar! Thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…