Mysterious Temporary Internet Files

bonga 05:50 28 May 04

In Internet Explorer on Windows XP I used Tools menu/Internet Options/General tab then clicked Delete Cookies and Delete Files (ticking the "Delete all offline content" box).

In Windows Explorer the Temporary Internet Files folder then seems to have no contents BUT right-clicking the folder and selecting Properties indicates that Temporary Internet Files contains a substantial number of sub-folders and files. Why weren't these deleted by Internet Explorer and why aren't they visible in the normal Windows Explorer view?

I checked that "Show hidden files and folders" is selected in Windows Explorer's Tools menu/Folder Options/View.

Dumble452 07:10 28 May 04

How many users do you have? I've discovered that clearing out only works for the user that is logged on. Don't know if Disk Cleanup (accessories/system tools )gets rid of them.
This works click here but there are probably other free utilities out there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…