mysterious port on my laptop!

May$ 09:29 24 Feb 04

Having recently purchased my first laptop I discovered a symbol with a port of some kind on the side of the laptop. Its a sort of K with a dash on top of it. Im pretty sure i have seen it before but i can't remember where!
Any help!!

AubreyS 09:32 24 Feb 04

What is the make and model of the laptop? Have you had a look in the user guide to see if you can find out waht it is?

USB?

May$ 09:37 24 Feb 04

its a 1.4Ghz centrino processor. No bluetooth or infra red.
As for the documentation,there was none! Not even a readme file!

May$ 09:38 24 Feb 04

i donts think it usb as it has 3 at the back

AubreyS 09:41 24 Feb 04

Not much of a clue really. What is the make, i.e Toshiba, Sony, Dell etc. Model number?

May$ 09:53 24 Feb 04

its a hi-grade computer.
Maybe my description is misleading or something but it looks like this
_
k

May$ 10:06 24 Feb 04

except the dash is above the k (sorry!)

Eric10 10:29 24 Feb 04

The only thing I can think of with a K is the Kensington Lock which can be used to attach the laptop to a stationary object for security. This is usually just a small slot in the case though, not a port and the symbol is a padlock with a K on it.

We now know that it's a Hi-Grade laptop but it will also have a model type and number such as Notino 3600s or Ultinote M6600.

May$ 10:37 24 Feb 04

i know its a Notino but as i dont have it on me i cant tell you which.

Also, when i said it was a k i meant that it looked like a k. kinda like is IC except the lines are straight (if that makes sense!!!)

Stuartli 10:53 24 Feb 04

Surely you got some form of user manual with your laptop - it's usually OEM products that come without anything other than the product...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…