Mysterious message

Meshuga 14:20 18 Mar 05

When I boot up and then click on "Start" I get a large ballon hovering over the "All programs" button with a message saying some items cannot be shown. There is not enough room to display all the items you have added to the startup. To display them use smaller icons etc.>> Since I have not added anything to startup can anyone explain this please and how can I stop it appearing. It is not causing any operational problems and disappears after some seconds. It`s just annoying. Any advice welcome. My os is xp home sp2.

Jaymz87 14:23 18 Mar 05

Right click start menu, select properties, click the start menu tab, if you are using the XP start menu, choose customize next to that one, and in the new window, choose Small Icons. If you are using Classic Start menu, click the other customize button, and make sure the box (second from the bottom, i think) is ticked "Show small icons in start menu".

Meshuga 14:38 18 Mar 05

Thank you Jaymz87. Have followed your instruction. Will see what happens next time I boot up. Will post back if it Doesn`t work. Many thanks for your help. Regards, Meshuga.

Graham ® 14:45 18 Mar 05

To disable XP balloons click here

Meshuga 15:40 18 Mar 05

Many thanks Graham,problem now solved as per Jaymz87 post above. Jaymz87 please note. Will green tick now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…