Mysterious Icon

birkdalite 09:54 17 May 03

In the last few days, an icon looking very much like a soccer ball has appeared on my control panel. It has no title , does not seem to be active and I cant get rid of it !! Anyone any ideas ?

graham√ 10:11 17 May 03

Operating System? If XP, put the cursor over it and it should say what it is. If not XP, try anyway!

Ironman556 10:18 17 May 03

Have you installed any games? Sometimes they'll put their services tools in the Control Panel. You could try somthing like TweakUI, which you should be able to download from the Microsoft website. Have a look there for powertoys, they probably do somthing similar for XP, you can then chose to hide the icon, and may get some clues to where it's come from.

birkdalite 10:33 17 May 03

Graham system is xp using cursor tells nothing, right click shows open but nothing there either. Ironman no games but will try Tweah UI thanks

spuds 12:33 17 May 03

If you have downloaded anything recently, it could be one of the "bonzi buddy" icons. This is a little programme that could have installed itself with any downloads.Usually via a gaming or music freebie download. If it is the "bonzi buddy", then you may have problems removing it, as it tends to get deeply within your computer programmes.Would suggest that you do a google or PCA search, if you think this is the culprit.

birkdalite 14:43 17 May 03

thanks Spuds will give it a try

Ironman556 20:19 18 May 03

If it's bonzai buddy, get Ad-aware from click here and/or spybot s&d from click here to clean it from your system. There then may still be registry entries left, so regcleaner from jv16.org will let you sort through to find the ones related to bonzai buddy.

On the other hand it might not be, but running the programs will rule out most programs which will install without your knowledge.

birkdalite 08:28 19 May 03

thanks gents job done

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac