Mysterious emails being sent by Outlook

Akinbiyi 07:30 15 Sep 04

I usually connect to the internet with a broadband connection, but am travelling and connecting via dialup and do a manual send and receive in Outlook 2002.

I have noticed that even though there is nothing in my outbox [as I am using webmail to send messages], Outlook starts off by sending two messages about 5-10kb each. Where are these emails coming from? Do I have some sort of virus or spyware, although I am well protected? I recently installed XP SP2. Has this anything to do with it?

I don't know if this was happening when I was using broadband, as sending/receiving are automatic and I never check send/receive progress.

Jeffers22 07:50 15 Sep 04

Do the messages appear in your Sent Items folder? If so there may be a clue there.

rawprawn 08:00 15 Sep 04

If Outlook was configured for broadband and asked to check for new mail ,say every 10 minutes.Is it possible that when you connect via dial up that your auto settings connect, or try to connect. If you have two email accounts that would account for two messages. Go to tools/options/mail delivery and untick check for mail every ?? minutes. I don't know if this is correct but it's worth checking.If that is not the case click here Download and run this free program.

Akinbiyi 08:21 15 Sep 04

No, Jeffers 22,there are no messages being posted to my sent box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…