Mysterious download uninvites sos pl

Bevlee 20:17 02 Sep 03

Something popped up on my pc---it dowloaded something then shut my pc rt off.
The files were reconfigurated when i turned it back on.I ran adaware, noton, not there.When I looked in add remove programs i cant tell what is good and whats bad.This has happened twice
When i clicked it to close it it loaded and so fast I could not see what it was.Has this happened to anyone else?Any suggestions I would be grateful
I have windows me
Thanks in advance

Jester2K II 20:17 02 Sep 03

What does

"The files were reconfigurated when i turned it back on"

mean exactly???

Bevlee 21:40 02 Sep 03

It showed reconfigurating files the same as it does when you add a new program
Obviously something dowloaded that i did not request or want
A hacker do you think?If i could only figure out what was dowloaded but it flew by so fast could not see itWhen i tried to stop dowload no go

Jester2K II 21:41 02 Sep 03

Have you tried SpyBot? click here

sue1201 21:49 02 Sep 03

try looking in Windows / Downloaded Program Files. I only recently learned about this myself so sorry if it's a bit obvious. The file names there may not mean much but look at the Properties of each one and the Code Base should give you a clue. Also it tells you when it was last accessed.

Come back for a fix - there are some very knowledgeable people here. They helped me with somehting similar recently.

Bevlee 01:21 04 Sep 03

Ill give both things a try

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…