Mystek Scanner

Les 16:35 21 Apr 04

I wonder if someone has had this problem.

My neighbour (again!) has a problem with a Mustek Scan Express 1200 UB scanner. In the first place he had Win 98SE and the scanner was connected and worked OK. Then he had XP Pro installed. His scanner wouldn't work. Right - it needed a new driver. Got on to the Mustek site, entered the first two letters - first shock - there were 5 files to download - some 6mb plus! - plus a PDF explanatory file. Anyway, that done, I followed their installation instructions - remove the scanner lead from the computer, run the .exe file which in turn loaded the others. That done, the computer was restarted, the USB lead reconnected (as instructed) - nothing. Restarted the computer again (srtill with the lead attached) - again nothing. Went into Control Panel/Scanners - add a device - a wizard started - this listed various manufacturers -but not Mustek.

I appear to have done something wrong - but what?

As usual, any help will be greatly appreciated.

dazzling 17:32 21 Apr 04

go here click here. and follow the instructions you need both files thats 15mb in all.if youve already done this post back.darren

Agent Smith 18:23 21 Apr 04

I have just done this very thing on my cousin's PC, sounds like he is related to your neighbour. Go to Mustek's site and find the file Windows XP Tool. You need to download that file too. When that file is run it asks you to select the exe file. That's the first file I think it's called web.exe Also when I select the scanner in his photo suite I had the option of select 1200usb plus or 1200 usb I chose the plus and it did not work. Selecting the second option did. Hope this is of some use.

Agent Smith 18:26 21 Apr 04

Meant to add the url. click here

Les 09:01 22 Apr 04

Thanks chaps, I'm looking into the links, will post back if successful (or not -as the case may be!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…