MySQL latest version...

Gaz 25 23:12 22 Oct 05

I'm running MySQL Database server: 4.0.24

I'd like to upgrade to 4.1 versions, without loosing my databases or corrupting them.

What is the best procedure to do this?

Last time I tried, by copying the bin/data file it corrupted it, backup and export were the same. This was on an old server though, and it was an over the top install.. I think it needed a uninstall - reinstall.

Anyone suggest anything?

PS. This is a Windows Based system

Gaz 25 23:23 22 Oct 05

was there something different about passwords and authentication in the new 4.1 versions?

Forum Editor 00:45 24 Oct 05

on a Windows machine you must stop the server.

If MySQL is installed as a service, start a command prompt and type this:-

Otherwise, type this:-

C:\> C:\mysql\bin\mysqladmin -u root shutdown

If you're upgrading to version 4.1.5 from a previous version, and MySQL is installed as a service, you'll have to manually remove the previous version first. To do that, type this at your command prompt:-

C:\> C:\mysql\bin\mysqld --remove

If you don't do that the installation wizard may not install the new version correctly.

Once you've installed the new version you can start the server from a command prompt by typing:-

C:\> C:\mysql\bin\mysqld --console

Needless to say, you must backup your existing databases before you do any of this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…