mysoftwareprovider.com

shellship 18:32 02 Nov 08

Anyone come across this lot? I wanted to download the latest free version of Audacity and found myself signing up to this lot and paying some lolly. I really ought to know better at my age.

eedcam 19:03 02 Nov 08

Try your credit card company.As it is a free product they are being fraudulent might get them blacklisted or something. You should have version 1.2.6
I just seen on google there is another dodgy one calling themselves audacity .com and would you believe it I just loked again and its gone .I will.post a warning in a fresh post.

Pineman100 19:18 02 Nov 08

An interesting point. Is it fraudulent to acquire something free of charge and then sell it to someone else?

In principle, probably not. But I imagine there's likely to be a clause in Audacity's copyright that forbids it.

Forum Editor 19:21 02 Nov 08

These people charge a membership fee for the use of their site, and for the support they provide.

There's no fraud involved in charging people for using a website as a one-stop-shop for links to free downloads. Everything is made clear on the site FAQ.

shellship 11:29 03 Nov 08

Thanks FE. As usual you are quite right. It's just annoying that I was led to this site. One can still get Audacity free if one goes to another site. I will post as resolved but I am still cross with myself!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…