MySearch???

snowy30 00:07 29 Jun 04

How do I get rid of the mysearch website?

Everytime I first open IE6 on my computer, I get the address
(http://)mysearchnow.com/passthrough/index.html?click here. Though my is set to click here in my Internet options, I'm still getting the mysearch website up. Its happened since I downloaded messenger plus 3 for msn messenger. I even went through what I can find in the registry relating to the mysearch address and modify to that of ntlworld.
I even ran a spybot check, and spywareblaster to no avail.

And the mysearch website is a restricted website.

Can anyone help please?

VoG II 00:12 29 Jun 04

click here or try CWShredder click here

tasslehoff burrfoot 00:12 29 Jun 04

click here

HTH

Tas

snowy30 02:10 29 Jun 04

I downloaded spysweeper, and it did the trick.

And thanks Vog for your help

snowy30 17:53 29 Jun 04

For the first time today, when I switched on the computer, I freshly opened a webpage browser. To my knowledge as of last night, I thought the mysearch.com website would be eliminated after I ran spysweeper, as was suggested by Tasslehoff, but shockingly on opening a browser mysearch.com insists on opening as a home page.

Could there be a virus?

Dan the Confused 18:10 29 Jun 04

Have you tried uninstalling the programs as mentioned in VoG's first link?

snowy30 18:11 29 Jun 04

And before I ran spysweeper, there was no reference to 'mysearch' in 'Add/Remove Programs' at all.

Anyway, I ran CWShredder which I hope would solve the problem.

VoG II 18:20 29 Jun 04

Are you saying that you ran CWShredder but mysearch has come back?

Charence 19:09 29 Jun 04

You could go into C:\ and or whatever your HDD is, go to Program Files and look for the folder. I think Mysearch has an uninstaller in the folder that all of its files are kept in the Program Files.

Charence

snowy30 23:10 29 Jun 04

Yea, VoG, I even ran CWShredder and even that didn't solve the problem :o(

Though, with regards to Charence message, I took a look in the Programs Folder, and I can't find nothing relating to mysearch (unless its under another name) only there is a folder which I am not sure of...the folder is called Acid Five Kind in the Programs Folder, and on opening this folder there appears to be an extension file called AxisIdol.exe?

VoG II 23:15 29 Jun 04

Please post a HJT log, carefully following the instructions at click here

You may need to post the log in two halves because of this site's 800 word per post limit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…