MyIE2 using XP Home

keith mac 22:05 09 May 04

Anyone using or has used MyIE2? Any reservations?

Worth downloading? Able to uninstall it without problem if I don't like it?

Better than Opera? Is Opera worth spending on? (don't want nag ads)

keith mac

Irishman 22:28 09 May 04

My IE2 and Avant are both excellent browsers and can be installed and removed without problems. Avant is the simpler of the two and is the one I use. Both of these use IE6 settings.

TomJerry 22:35 09 May 04

You will love it, a lot of people do click here

keith mac 22:36 09 May 04

Thanks Irishman - worth a look at both - have seen 'tour' of MyIE2 but not researched 'Avant'

keith mac 22:37 09 May 04

I'll have a look at Mozilla too TJ - thanks

TomJerry 22:40 09 May 04

I think MyIE2 is just a front end, but it uses MS Internet Explorer as browser engine. Not sure about this, but think that this may be the case.

Broswer such as Opera, FireFox an Netscape are really Broswer, i.e. they do not use IE engine.

TomJerry 22:42 09 May 04

My guess was right, MyIE2 is just a front end, not a real broswer.

"MyIE2 is a multipage browser based on the Internet Explorer core (IE 5.x or 6.0 required). It can open multiple Web pages in just one window, and it only takes a few system resources when you're surfing with the integrated user interface. It supports special plug-ins and IE extensions, and its features include autoscrolling, form autofilling, external tools, plug-in support, a newsgroup browsing mode, mouse gestures, customizable skins, and an autohide panel. The latest release features improved theme support, enhanced stability, updated skinning, and more."

click here

So, get the Firefox if you really want a free IE alternative.

Irishman 23:04 09 May 04

That's what I meant. Both MY IE2 and Avant are a great improvement on IE6 though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…