pj123 21:00 23 Jun 04

Has anyone tried using MyDVD please. I am using Pinnacle Studio 8 to transfer my VHS tapes to DVD but the sound sync is out by about 2 seconds. I have downloaded MyDVD from Sonic which cost me £37ish. Unfortunatly, one of the system requirements is a resolution of 1024x768 which my 14" monitor won't accept. So, before I start spending even more money to update my monitor I would like to know if (anyone using it) finds the sound sync OK.

Graham ® 21:07 23 Jun 04

I've got a 17" monitor if you can pick it up from Sheffield. Free, of course.

pj123 21:17 23 Jun 04

Graham ®. You are a STAR. I have a friend who is actually in Sheffield at the moment (well actually, Laughton en le Morthen, Close). If I can contact him on his mobile I will ask him if he can pick it up. Obviously I would need your address, but don't do anything until I have contacted my friend. I will email you if this is a go. Thanks very much.

denchris 21:35 23 Jun 04

I use SONIC MYDVD with pinnacle TV capture card and I had to get scart cable for SVIDEO from a company in Wyoming USA for about £12.00 in order to get colour and good definition, this seems to have solved the sync problem as well. If you play with your capture set-up the result can be quite acceptable. Ive transferred about thirty tapes so far and created one coaster and now have shelf space aplenty, be patient. dennis

Graham ® 21:42 23 Jun 04

Laughton is very close. I'm in Halfway.

pj123 21:53 23 Jun 04

denchris, thank you for your response. I am using Dazzle Fusion capture device which is an external USB connection. It came with Pinnacle Studio 8 but was told (by Pinnacle to update to ver 8.12 which I did) but it didn't make any difference. So, hopefully if I can get MyDVD to work with Dazzle Fusion I won't have a problem, except for my monitor resolution, which was probably my fault because I didn't read the "minimum requirements" bit.

pj123 21:57 23 Jun 04

Graham ®, too late to try and contact him now. I will try tomorrow, and let you know. Thanks again.

pj123 12:16 24 Jun 04

Graham ®, My friend in Laughton is prepared to pick it up for me. If you would like to email me your address and phone number I will get him to contact you to arrange the pick up. Once again, many thanks.

Graham ® 12:46 24 Jun 04

stlucia 12:51 24 Jun 04

To answer your original question, I use Sonic MyDVD which came bundled with my Sony DVD burner, and I've never had an out-of-sync problem. I create my MPEGs using Pinnacle DV before passing them onto MyDVD for burning.

pj123 15:29 25 Jun 04

stlucia, sorry I did respond to your post yesterday but it doesn't seem to be there now. So here it is again. I use Pinnacle Studio 8 at the moment which makes an avi file. But on playback in Pinnacle it's already out of sync before burning to DVD. I was hoping that MyDVD would do the whole process from Capture to Burn without any transferring.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…