Mydoom virus-Revisited

toofy 10:04 10 Jun 07

p;3 advised in previous thread to have a health check. I have managed to follow nellie2 instructions & will now attempt to paste the logfile on to the Malaware forum.

toofy 11:52 10 Jun 07

Is there anyway to tell if i have copied then pasted the notepad file successfully? (A procedure I avoid, prefering to drag things across because my copy/pasting usually goes wrong) Thanks.

p;3 13:58 10 Jun 07

what you CAN do if you wish to to copy and past what you HAVE got into

a reply on this thread on the malaware forum so one can see if you HAVE gotten it right

you will need to be logged TO post it

click here
try that

p;3 14:13 10 Jun 07

assuming I HAVE selected the correct thread from my postings ; a link for the benefit of them who do not know what this is all about click here

and why I have decided to help in this specific way on this occasion

p;3 15:16 10 Jun 07

please just post what you HAVE managed to create in THIS thread on the other forum to see how far you HAVE got click here

toofy 15:17 10 Jun 07

when i have your test page on the screen I have to minimise this to the taskbar in order to click on the HJT folder. I am then following nellie2's directions'Click edit-select all then edit-copy then paste the logfile into the forum' I must be doing it all wrong. Shouldn't the process ask me where I want to send the log to at some stage?

p;3 15:25 10 Jun 07

no; all YOU need to do is to copy the log report you create and paste ALL of THAT into the malaware forum to start with into my test thread ; you do not need to 'send' it anywhere::)))

try that again::))

p;3 15:48 10 Jun 07

you are not doing it all wrong but just to clarify; you do not 'send' the log anywhere as such ; just copy what the log program produces when you run it and paste that report into the forum in my test thread there; that is all you need to do at this stage; try it again?

toofy 16:12 10 Jun 07

Windows XP help centre tells me how to copy a file or folder. When I do that it doesn't work. I have noticed that the file Hijackthis in My Documents is empty whereas the HJT file on Desktop has the notepad logfile. It is this desktop located file I am trying to copy. Have I at least got that bit right?

toofy 16:25 10 Jun 07

Sorry p;3 stress levels too high now.will attempt it all again tomorrow.Thanks for trying.

p;3 16:51 10 Jun 07

sorry; MY comp froze on me so had to reboot::(((
I have just been noseying in on mine ; it looks as though that IS the one you want

of interest does it look SOMETHING like this at the beginning
this is the beginning of MINE ; yours will'read' differently but should 'look' like this

'Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 09:34:01, on 10/06/07
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711\KB891711.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB918547\KB918547.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DSLAGENT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\GSICON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TPPALDR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\LOADQM.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG FREE\AVGCC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG FREE\AVGEMC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG FREE\AVGAMSVR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MAILWASHER\MAILWASHER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SUPERANTISPYWARE\SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE
C:\UNZIPPED\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = click here
F1 - win.ini: run=C:\WINDOWS\hpfsched.exe
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 5.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.OCX
O2 - BHO: Guard-IE - {D2F719F3-106A-402B-9996-3A5B12ACA564} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\FAILSAFE\GUARDIE\PNIE.DLL
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Guard-IE - {37C8204D-97C3-4127-BB28-1BFF3FA2F7DA} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\FAILSAFE\GUARDIE\PNIE.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX '

if you can find something in the HJT file on your Desktop that has the notepad logfile in it that looks something like that and has entries numbered probably up to if not beyond lines 020 at the end of it and is dated ?? today ; then THAT is what you need to copy and paste into the malaware forum

try that ::))))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…