Mydoom virus (or variant?)

I run Incredimail for email (initially from cover disc then updated from website) using Win XP Home.
I have been receiving viruses by email and my (uptodate)Ontrack virus scanner detects them and I can delete them. However, yesterday it detected one which it removed? on a full scan but now my messages in Incredimail will not delete or move folder. WhenI open them they are blank.
I downloaded McAfee Avert Stinger 2.0.3 (23/2/04) and ran it (system restore off) but it detected nothing.
I can't uninstall Incredimail even via Control Panel.
Any suggestions for further action welcome.

anon1 11:16 26 Feb 04

Try removing it in safe mode

Thanks for the reply. I tried to start in safe mode-using f8?-and it booted normally. I then tried via WIN help but the instructions talked of Start, then Shut Down then Shut Down dropdown list. Where are these in Win XP Home??? - I can't find them. I also tried booting to the rescue floppy from my AV software but Mesh have set it to boot straight from C:/ so that failed. I don't know what to try next but so far the only effect I've seen has been irritating not damaging so maybe I'll just have to put up with it.

MESH Support 09:37 01 Mar 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…