//some 3rd party need geo

MyDoom and McAfee AV

Boluwd 18:53 13 Feb 04

My Missus has been getting several emails which are clearly MyDoom carriers (strange sender name, tell tale subject heading etc).
However, I run a fully updated McAfee Virus Scan Professional edition but this does not warn me that the email is infected with the attachment. I am running XP Home and use Outlook Express. Is it because I never have the preview pane option open? Do the AV software require you to actually open the email so that it can be read first (without opening any attachments)? Sorry if this is a dull question!

nick_j007 20:19 13 Feb 04

Hi.
I find that Norton AV will remove the virus first, but you are then able to open the email body. Though of course I don't do that...just bin them now.
HTH?

Nick

JIM 20:21 13 Feb 04

not dumb but if you want to send them to my Missus i be gratefull :)

Just sending your thread to the top again.

accord 21:26 13 Feb 04
  accord 21:28 13 Feb 04

dont know what went wrong with the click here bit but if you click on the blue w32.mydoom etc etc that takes you to the link.

Gaz 25 23:11 13 Feb 04

Panda software antivirus has an e-mail filter that stops them before they even get through and downloaded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…