MY YAHOO MAIL WIPED OUT!!!

Bonzy 13:30 27 May 04

Hello folks, I need your expert opinions here. I was at my yahoo inbox yesterday evening to delete lots of old, useless mail because it was 97% full. After lots of deleting it dropped to 44% full indicated with a green bar. That was ok so I went to sleep. This morning I came to check for mail only to find that the entire inbox has been wiped clean - only 5% full with 4 messages that arrived last night and today. My problem is that I'd left old mail which was very important to me but it's all gone!! What could have happened folks? Was it something I may have done wrong? Please help with a fix. Thanks in advance.

byfordr 14:45 27 May 04

I had this problem a while back, loads of emails stored, a small amount of free space. Logged back in, in the morning - 100% free space. Contacted yahoo (next to useless, but hey free) Didn't get any further after posting on the forum. Still don't know what happened, never did get to the bottom of it. Haven't had any problems since. If the emails are important to you either save them or open up another account and forward them to it.

R

end 14:56 27 May 04

a thought....have you looked in ALL of your boxes, in, trash, sent etc; AND, in a posting SOMWHERE, it has been said that the server keeps messages for about a year.....how you retrieve them I have no idea.......... ( someone else will know I hope!!!!).....

byfordr 14:59 27 May 04

Ask the Government, or the Americans ;-)

I would have thought it is possible. But the response I got from Yahoo was that it wasn't.

R

Al94 15:26 27 May 04

Don't know what happened but there is no fix. In future, save any important emails to a folder on your hard drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5