//some 3rd party need geo

AT MY WITS END (DVD RW DRIVE)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jonnytub 20:37 29 May 04

Hi guys, Im at my wits end with my dvd-+rw drive (optorite dvd rw dd0201), I just can't get any software or even windows (xp pro) to recognise it. To explain myself a little better, the drive will play every single cd/dvd i put in it, it is recognised in device manager without conflict, i've flashed a firmware upgrade, it's also fine and dandy in disk management, but as soon as i put any brand of cd-r, dvd-r or dvd-rw, it goes to pot. E: is not accessable. incorrect function. is the message it throws back. I've tried dvd shrink 3.1, nero 5.5, nero vision express 6, instant dvd/cd 5, and all recognise my cd-rw drive but not my dvd-rw drive, unless of course the disk i insert already has data on it.

jonnytub 20:48 29 May 04

the drive worked absolutely fine last time it was used without any software installation, internet activity or anyhing else, i want to believe the drive is fine as when i bought it, i sprayed the facia black, so as to match my pc and believe this to invalidate my warranty

stalion 20:53 29 May 04

have you tried deleting it from device manager and letting windows pick it up on a re-install.regards

grey george 20:54 29 May 04

Check out this google link click here
A lot of dvd -rw problems seems to be related to cheap media.
Hope this helps.

jonnytub 20:55 29 May 04

thanks for the quick response guys tried all of them and as for the media, i've tried 5 different brands, the last one i used which burned fine was the datawrite classic dvd-r

grey george 21:05 29 May 04

Is it installed as the master on the ide channel
You try posting here. click here

jonnytub 21:07 29 May 04

it is the master on the secondary ide, however i have also tried on the primary ide, tried it as a slave on both ide's and still nowt!

TomJerry 21:13 29 May 04

because it conflicts with some cd/dvd writing softwares. Just clcik properties of drive and on cd-recording, untick it.

jonnytub 21:15 29 May 04

do you mean imapi, already switched off ??

stalion 21:18 29 May 04

TomJerry is talking about xp's burning software.Regards

jonnytub 21:19 29 May 04

i'll be back in a tick, just checking grey george's link

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…