my Windows Vista website

BarbieVista 21:58 26 Jul 05

Windows Vista is Microsoft's next version of its Windows operating system, to follow Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. It was previously known by the codename Longhorn; the name "Vista" was unveiled on July 22, 2005.

My advertisement free, Windows Vista information website: click here

Comments, please?

Forum Editor 23:56 26 Jul 05

I see that you're site relies heavily on text taken from other people or other sites - like Paul Thurrock of Winsupersite.

You mustn't do that unless you have permission from the person or people who hold the copyright on the text, and you certainly mustn't distribute copyright-protected images without Microsoft's consent. As far as I'm aware Microsoft hasn't released Vista images into the public domain, but I'm ready to be proved wrong.

BarbieVista 00:30 27 Jul 05

Microsoft did on Vista Video!

Forum Editor 08:10 27 Jul 05

it doesn't mean you can grab images from it and republish them. The video is protected by copyright, and unless you have Microsoft's consent it's illegal to copy it in any form - in whole or in part.

Microsoft may well have other things to worry about than chasing up everyone who infringes this particular copyright, but it would be irresponsible of me not to mention it.

If you are interested in running a serious web site I urge you to think about the copyright issues very carefully - if you publish other peoples' work without consent you will eventually find a brown envelope dropping through your door.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…