My Windows Exploerer disappeared & I can not find

Chriswilliams 23:31 08 May 07

I am used to opening it up using START-ACCESSORIES-WINDOWS EXPLORER in Windows XP. Jack said to "locate Windows Explorer on the 'Start' menu system" It is no longer in the START MENU. It is gone. Does any one know how I can find it, and bring it back up. As far as I know it just disappeared. I have been looking through folders/files for a couple of hours and it is no where to be found? Thank you for any help, Chris

brundle 23:41 08 May 07

No idea why your shortcut went missing but Explorer.exe can be found in C:\Windows

johnnyrocker 23:44 08 May 07

and you are posting how?

johnny.

alternative to windows explorer,
Free version
click here

reviewed
click here

Chriswilliams 00:50 09 May 07

Hi - thank you for your quick replies. I believed at first I drug it somewhere but after looking forever I'm not sure at all what happened. Dear brundle I wasn't sure where to enter the c:\windows, so I went to RUN Is this where I should have gone?

Then I typed that in - see a bunch of files and programs in Windows. I'm not sure what to do now however. I'm not sure what to look for either.

I want to put the shortcut back on under Accessories, and think I probably know how to create a shortcut using the right click on the mouse, but am sure what I want to create the shortcut on - which icon. None of them read Windows Explorer and yes I realize I am in Windows. I'm sorry for the confusion. Rather new at all this.Thank you again Chris

try this chris,

right click the taskbar,launch task manager

then from within task manager,click file,then new task and type explorer.exe

right click "my documents" explore,
same thing..

Simsy 05:12 09 May 07

Start>All programmes>Accessories...

Right click on Accessories and choose "Explore"...

In the box that opens, in the right hand panel, right click and choose "New Shortcut"...

In the box that opens type explorer.exe then click the "Next" button. Call it whatever you like and then click "Finish...

You will now have a new shortcut to Windows Explorer. If you want to change the icon for the new shortcut, right click the icon, choose "Properties" and then "New icon", and it's fairly self explanatory!

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Simsy

Chriswilliams 20:16 11 May 07

Hi everyone. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I got it done - only with your help Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5