my windows clock does not keep time

trojankev 07:06 12 Feb 03

my mother board is only 6 months old but the clock ( XP pro ) is very erractic and sometimes will lose time very clickly. Any ideas? thanks.

MAJ 07:19 12 Feb 03

Does it lose time when the computer is switched off or on? If it loses when switched off, it's probably the cmos battery that needs replacing.

Andsome 08:31 12 Feb 03

I did not set up XP on my new machine, but I have no doubt that someone will help you, as I watched the engineer who delivered the machine click on somewhere to tell the machine to keep time with an online clock. I will have a look round and see if I can find the setting, but someone will almost certainly beat me to it.

Andsome 08:37 12 Feb 03

FOUND IT. Control panel/Date and time/Internet clock. Let me know if you find it OK.

Smuggler 08:39 12 Feb 03

double click on the time in the taskbar and select the internet time tab and choose the location you want. also next time you boot up go into the bios and reset the time there.

Stuartli 09:34 12 Feb 03

A CMOS battery should not need replacing after just six months.

Stokey 11:56 12 Feb 03

This would do the trick, Atomic Clock. It's free from click here

Stokey 09:40 13 Feb 03

Ticked as resolved. What was the answer trojankev?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…