My Win 98 SE won't start!!

K*B 05:39 27 Feb 07

Hi there. I'm battling with a pc startup problem. When I power up my Win 98 SE pc it only goes as far as the single beep, then the BIOS information window with the usual instruction right at the bottom of the screen which reads,
"Press DEL to enter setup", then it remains there forever. When I try again the same thing happens. Please help. How do I fix this problem so my pc can start and run normally? Thanks.

crosstrainer 07:08 27 Feb 07

Sounds like you have lost your Bios settings What is machine spec? If you press DEL you will be taken to the BIOS screen...most modern BIOS's have a "Load default settings option" be careful in there, cause making the wrong changes could render your PC unbootable until you re-set the BIOS (This is done by changing a jumper setting, and would require opening the case (not recommended if you are under warranty) If you can get to the BIOS via the DEL key "Load defaults" your first port of call.

Wak 09:14 27 Feb 07

Hi, I think you may find this useful?
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…