My Win 7 desktop seizes after a short while. I can't right or left click

kerses 21:47 PM 18 Jun 12

My Windows 7 desktop, ok until today, is now ok for a short time after switching on, but then the problem starts: I can't right or left click on it and get any reaction. Any ideas please? kerses

robin_x 23:41 PM 18 Jun 12

Do you have a System Restore point before today?

(Start Search/Run rstrui.exe )

Also try System File Checker.

Start Run sfc /scannow

birdface 08:23 AM 19 Jun 12

I have the same problem myself at times but so far have not found the problem.

Have a look in event viewer and see if that shows what the problem was.

You can also check device manager to see if any yellow exclamation marks beside any of the devices.

Nontek 09:53 AM 19 Jun 12

Hmm, if you 'can't right or left click' then perhaps it is a simple mouse problem? Does your mouse cursor move as normal?

Or do you mean you 'can' right or left click, but get no reaction? In which case, yes it is a Computer problem.

Sorry not to be more helpful.

kerses 11:25 AM 19 Jun 12

Many thanks for the suggestions I'll try them all and see how it goes. The mouse is brand new and working fine otherwise. kerses

kerses 20:48 PM 14 Jul 12

Hi to all. Finally had chance to spend some more time on this and have now pinned it down. I happens every time I close Windows Explorer: doesn't matter which site I'm on. Better check on W.E. I guess. kerses

ams4127 22:02 PM 14 Jul 12

Do you mean Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X