My volume control doesn't appear

aph 20:41 14 Feb 04

IN WIN2000

I previously had sound but now I don't get any from my speakers.

When I try to select the 'Volume Control' from the start/programs/accessories/entertainment
I get the message

"Volume Control

There are no active mixer devices available. You may install mixer devices from the Add/Remove hardware wizard in Control Panel

this application will now exit"

When I go to Control Panel I see the MultiMedia Audio controller has a Yellow ? by it
When I click next I get the message

The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28)

Is there a default driver I can download from somewhere ?

ton 22:03 14 Feb 04

Go to Add /remove progs. in Control panel. Click on Windows Setup, a list should appear, scroll down to Multimedia. You can then re-install the drivers from your Windows disk.

dfghjkl 22:16 14 Feb 04

click on install driver,then if you dont have a cd with it on,you will have to get it to search in windows.if you dont have it on your pc,or on a will have to find out if you have onboard sound or a sound card,when you have found this out you will have to go to the web site for your sound card or motherboard,if it is onboard,then download and install the driver.

aph 13:10 15 Feb 04

Thanks for the hints,
thahsed around with various sites and CD's including WIN2000

closed out by going to the DELL website US (European didn't offer HTTP) and got the website to profile my box and tell me what was missing. V. Impressive!!
All is working now...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…