My vista product key is on 2 computers.

retro_hood 21:59 13 Mar 07

I got my new laptop and typed in the vista product key. I then reinstalled vista at a later date because something went wrong (off-topic matter). Now when i try to activate my windows vista using the product key the automated phone service states i have already got it used the key on another computer. Could this possibly be my first installation?

I don't know what to do, 3 days left before activation runs out and i dont know what will happen.

Help plese.

woodchip 22:09 13 Mar 07

Contact Microsoft UK

stephen0205 22:16 13 Mar 07

did u activate it before, if not then shis should work and anyway you can install vista on 2 pc's, but no more because it registers the mother board, in thiery everythime u upgrade your mother board you must buy the windows version again.

retro_hood 22:17 13 Mar 07

I thnink i did yeah. When i phoned the automated phone service, it asked me questions about How i installed windows XP, does it think im registering XP?

retro_hood 22:28 13 Mar 07

I have backup files from my last installation if any of them could cintain my account that the product keywas registerd too. There listed backp files 1 to 7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…