my vista computer wont allow me to record

ozzy 123 22:55 30 Jul 07

hi my windows vista computer wont allow me to record music from my soundcard ive used a few programs that record sounds directly from my sound card but all of them have the same affect they make the file and store it to my hard drive but none of the saved files will play no matter what pogram i use to record it.
please help im at my wits end.

skidzy 23:02 30 Jul 07

your description is a little vague im afraid.

What are you trying to record ?

Are you trying to copy some music files to cd/dvd that are on your harddrive in your music folder or possibly Windows media Player.

ozzy 123 23:14 30 Jul 07

the kind sound recorders im talking about allow you to record any sound from your sound card.
it doesnt matter where the sound sorce is from if it makes a noise through your sound card you can record it.
the kind of software im talking about is mp3 my mp3,audacity and easy recorder

skidzy 23:23 30 Jul 07

Where are the files you have recorded saved to ?

maybe missing or damged audio codecs,but i dont think so. click here

rdave13 00:21 31 Jul 07

Not on Vista at the moment so don't know the path, can you find your way to the device manager and check your audio adapter is enabled or there are no yellow exclamation marks there.

ozzy 123 16:48 31 Jul 07

im saving the files to my documents and my music.
and dave all my audio adapters are fine ithink its a setting ive got alter or enable but i dont know what or where

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…