Is my video card on the way out?

Sapins 19:37 24 Feb 04

Hi all,

I have a 3dfx Voodoo3 video card and I think it may be failing. I have XP Home. I have had 2 On line Crash Analysis reports which say Windows has detected and recovered from a hardware problem, and it says it is probably the video card, I also get rows of coloured dots across the screen varying from one line up to a dozen or more, always horizontally. Sometimes they appear as soon as I boot up other times they appear gradually, sometimes not at all. Also, probably related, when opening pages in IE and OE some parts of the page show as grey blocks for a short while and then the whole page is ok.

Would it be better to buy a new card,I do not want to play games so a cheap compatible card will do, the question is which card do I go for?

The motherboard is a GATEWAY Tabor C Coppermine MP 440BX Coppermine 4000597-306. Serial No.A (this info is from BeLarc Advisor)

If I need a new card I would be grateful for advice on removing the old one and installing the new one.

Regards,

Sapins.

Has this been a long standing problem or just started to happen?

Have youu installed any new software just prior to it starting?

You could try updating the G / C Drivers to see if this helps.

Sapins 21:53 24 Feb 04

Hi [email protected],

It's been happening on and off for quite a while.

I have tried to get an updated driver, but the company have been taken over and I can't seem to find it, any idea's?

SDJ 22:05 24 Feb 04

click here
I too have a Voodoo3 and got updated drivers here.

Sapins 22:26 24 Feb 04

Hi SDJ, had a look at the site you gave, can you walk me through it to find the driver I need, sorry to be basic but I haven't done this before.

Regards,

Sapins.

Sapins 08:40 25 Feb 04

Thanks for your help [email protected], I haven't installed anything that could cause this, and to you SDJ. I will have a good look at that site later on.

Regards,

Sapins

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…