My VHS Video Collection onto CD - Is It Possible

gcs_uk 17:48 06 Jul 03

Been searching around trying to find an answer to this query but withot success.

I have a number of VHS films (not home movies but actual films) and wonder is it possible to copy these onto CDRoms so I can watch them on my PC.

My DVD player says it can play CD Roms so would it then be possible to play these CDRoms in my DVD and watch them on my television.

What equipment/software would I need to do this or is it only possible to copy VHS videos onto DVD for the purposes of watching on a tv.

TIA

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:00 06 Jul 03

click here but copying them will take yonks ;-)) You may wish to look here at many sites regarding VHS copying..click here

G

Had alot of Red Dwarf VHS which were getting a bit worn.Plugged in a tv card and the video into the card just like a tv setup.TV card had a recording program,so just copied them to hard drive converted thro Videowave 5 then onto VCD using WIN on CD.Try to get a card that saves in MPEG rather than AVI as take little converting and less space.Have fun and lot's of spare time,you'll needn it:)

Same as earlier but try using Win on DVD/CD 6 and saving in MPEG 2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…