My USB flash drive keyring... is it fried?

Jeecie 10:37 12 Jul 05

Following on from the recent upgrade to my work PC. From WIN 2000 Pro + Outlook 97.... to now Win XP PRO + Outlook 2003. I had a wee problem with my USB Flash drive key ring 512MB.

I had copied my vast list of IE favorites to the flash drive (as copying to the netwrok was having problems with the really long filenames that you tend to get with webpages... & I didn't have time to wade through & rename them all).

I forgot and left the flash-drive connected up to it's USB cable overnight... the next morning our IT guys came along with the new WIN XP Pro CD (full version - not the upgrade CD) and formatted the hard-drive whilst the fladh-drive was still attached to the PC.

Now the PC (any any other PC/laptop for that matter) that I plug the flash-drive into only see the drive as a "Removable Disk" (not as a "Flash Drive" as pre-upgrade/pre-format and when I right-click for properties it tells me the disk is not formatted.

Is there anyway to recover the data/files from my flash-drive guys?? IT have looked at it but it's unknown territory to them.

andrew-196854 10:46 12 Jul 05

you could give this program a go click here worth a try

Stuartli 11:40 12 Jul 05

As far as XP is concerned it is a removeable drive and will have its own drive letter.

A multi card reader/writer is treated similarly and, depending on how many slots it has for various types of memory cards, will have a drive letter for each of them.

dibblydufuss has provided an example of many similar utilities that may well help you recover the data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…