My TomTom Sat nav is not recognised by the pc

sparky boy 21:11 14 Oct 06

I have a tomtom one (its a great product) but when I connect to my pc the new hardware wizard starts and says it cant find drivers. they are not on the cd. It should be like a card storage device. Now when I plug in (trying to connect it ) hardware wizard does not come on. I check Device Manager and a USB Other has a ? by it then after 3 mins or so the name and ? dissapear.

On google someone had a simular problem and they had to deleat the usb drivers/item and rebooted to let xp find them. I dont feel confident to do that. I know the cable and tomtom are ok as the work on another pc

Newuser2 21:21 14 Oct 06

You are not alone, countless people have had this prob with every model. I had the same prob with my 300. Have you tried doing a reset. Not sure were the reset is on a one, but it solved my prob and lots of others to.

sparky boy 21:27 14 Oct 06

what do you mean a reset on the tom tom?. There is a reset button how did it cure your problem?

woodchip 21:31 14 Oct 06

This how to do what you say in your first post. And it's Easy. Right click on "My Computer\Properties\Hardware\Device Manager" you will see icons that have a yellow, click it the choose the remove button and then restart your computer

woodchip 21:48 14 Oct 06

In XP it's the Uninstall button

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac