My system restarts itself whilst online

Stato 21:07 13 Mar 05

when I press any selection button.

For example I was on ebay tonight and wanted to look at one of the items for sale and the system rebooted. When it restarts Scandisk runs.

I am running Windows me and have a P4 Celeron 2Ghz processor with 384 mhz ram. I do have some adware on my computer which has been recognised by Norton Internet Security 2005 but has not been removed, I presume this is because the file is in use when Norton tries to delete it, could these cause the system to reboot or is it something else?

It has been happening for quite a while now and it is starting to annoy me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

stalion 21:16 13 Mar 05

scan with these adaware se personal click here click here

try spybot search and destroy

THE TERMINATOR 00:28 14 Mar 05

make a note of the filename that is reported in Norton and delete the file manually. You may be right that Norton cannot delete it cos it is in use, but you should be able to. Disable Norton, search for the file and delete it....TT

Stato 00:44 16 Mar 05

Stalion thanks for your suggestions I ran adaware and it discovered over 400 files the first time i ran it which is certainly more than norton was picking up.

Anyway I deleted the files but still the computer is rebooting. It can happen anytime at all.

I'm thinking about cleaning the inside of my case out and checking all the connections to see if this makes a difference.

Any other suggestions would be greatly received

Stato

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…