My Start/Toolbar along the bottom is unusable.why?

BIGBAGGY 15:47 17 Dec 03

My Start bar alomg the bottom with the various start prog Icons is disappearing when I use IE. Normally when on the Net I could use the start button and open anything up but now when on the Net and even at other times I cannot click on them and they are now even disappearing altogether. When I do Ctrl Alt Delt there isd sometimes an extra IE open and (not responding) other times there is MSM (not respondning)

Sethhaniel 16:06 17 Dec 03

CLICK Start - Settings - Task Bar & Start Menu
make sure Always on top is ticked
In Internet Explorer make sure top right restore button is pressed - so program screen is adjustable

xania 16:12 17 Dec 03

If you have an extra (not responding IE or MSM, this typically idicates that you haved opened a second iteration, possibly because the first was slow to respond. I have found, using 98SE, that this can result in all sorts of problems and, closing them all down (including the live one)and starting again more slowly, resolves the issue without actually having to go off-line,let alone reboot. Your task bar problems could be related.. Please let us know which version of Windows you are using so that we can provide a more pointed response.

BIGBAGGY 16:18 17 Dec 03

I am using WIN98SE. Sometimes it comes back when I do C A D and close some programmes down but it worked before with these progs. Also my mail wont open unless MSM messenger is active.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…