My Start Up "Explorer 64 bit" has disappeared

jonem81 08:26 AM 12 Mar 13

My Start Up "Explorer 64 bit" has disappeared after I updated from IE 9 to IE 10! I just have "Windows Explorer" now, so does that mean the update removed the "64 bit" from my Start Up list, and if so does it mean that when I click on "Windows Explorer", it IS actually 64 bit? jonem81

jonem81 09:19 AM 12 Mar 13

Don't think I gave a proper explanation of my topic: Here's another go........... I used to have a choice of either " Internet Explorer" or "Internet Explorer 64 bit" in my START menu. After I updated from IE9 to IE10, when I clicked on the "IE 64", the message followed: "The item you have selected is unavailable. It might have been moved, renamed or removed. Do you want to remove it from the list?" I have answered "No" to this, because I was not sure about that. I still can use the website because the "Internet Explorer" is in the list, and clicking on that gives me access to websites, but did updating remove the "64" item, because it was deemed no longer necessary? jonem81

Number six 00:41 AM 13 Mar 13

I was also confused by this - assuming you are running windows 7 64-bit? I think in windows 8 you can still select which version you want to run.

However, I did find this which seems to offer a plausible explanation

click here

rdave13 00:56 AM 13 Mar 13

In 8 I'm not sure which is the default IE as 'help' makes no difference within the browser. However I can start IE 10 through File explorer, 64-bit via program files and 32-bit via program files ( x86). The tile IE is 64-bit I believe.

Number six's find seems reasonable if you have any problems with activeX.

Cymro. 17:18 PM 13 Mar 13

Thanks for the link Number six. I used the info. on it and all seems to be well with my system. Mind you I do still have 2 redundant IE Icons.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone