//some 3rd party need geo

my simple bios problem

hugh-265156 22:42 08 Feb 03

hi folks,have had good advice here before so am sure that someone will come up with the answer to my question.(packard bell imedia 5051 1.8 gig celeron 512ddr 40gig hard disc radeon 9000 128mb.motherboard gigabyteGA-8ISML.bios dated 07/07/02default)i want to do a bit of tweaking but my bios is so basic,its like fisher price! can i update this to a more tweakable version?i dont want to overclock just get the best from what i have got.have checked out packard bells forums etc.have had no luck.help please.

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 22:47 08 Feb 03

my best advice with a bios is 'if it works leave it', what sort of "tweaking" do you wish to do? unless it's for overclocking i cannot think of the top of my head what else you want to do, i have seen/heard of many a good mobo going to the great scrap heap in the sky due to bios updates that have gone wrong. Again, my best advice leave it alone!!

Of course others will completly contradict me but that's the fun of the forum!!!!

woodchip 22:47 08 Feb 03

Since it's a Packard Bell I think you are stuck with what you have got

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 22:48 08 Feb 03

Ha, woodchip

slowing down?? beat you

grove34 22:52 08 Feb 03

the reason bios updates go wrong is because people dont read the instructions , print them out , read them again and just before you press the enter key to do the update read them 3 times again.

woodchip 22:58 08 Feb 03

It's only cause I'm ready for bed

hugh-265156 23:05 08 Feb 03

well i suppose it is saturday night.cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…