//some 3rd party need geo

"My recent documents" not working

Fateful Shadow 20:21 14 Jul 04

The "My recent documents" part to my start menu doesn't seems to keep anything! No matter what I open, it doesn't store it in there. Any ideas why and how I can get it to store stuff in there again?

Graham ® 20:34 14 Jul 04

Here you go click here

Fateful Shadow 20:46 14 Jul 04

Thanks for that, but I'm still not sorted. "My Recent Documents" is displayed on my start menu, you can select it, etc, but when you put the cursor over it, a menu always pops-up syaing '(Empty).'

I have tried to recall documents, e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, everything that the other PC will recognise, but this one doesn't want to have anything to do with it!

Any more ideas? Thanks again :)

Fateful Shadow 21:14 14 Jul 04

After having a poke around my registry (yes, I DID back it up beforehand :P) by some stroke of luck I stumbled upon a registry key called "NoRecentDocsHistory". The value was set to '1' (which I guess meant 'yes') so I changed it to '0' and restarted.

It worked! At last, something successful has happened to my computer :P

Graham ® 10:00 15 Jul 04

Well done, one to remember.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…