My recent documents

TAMPICO 20:06 06 Oct 05

Does anyone know where to find the My Recent Documents folder in XP, so I can select multiple shortcuts to the files that have been recently opened at the same time to delete them from the My Recent Documents on the Start Menu. In previous versions of windows you could find it in Windows Explorer and delete the shortcuts/

ade.h 20:11 06 Oct 05

C:DocuemntsandSettings/yourname/

It's in there.

ade.h 20:11 06 Oct 05

My typing is terrible tonight!

TAMPICO 20:21 06 Oct 05

I've looked in there, but it isn't showing up, is it a hidden file, if so how can I unhide it

ade.h 20:27 06 Oct 05

No, it's not hidden.

ade.h 20:30 06 Oct 05

If you have used a utility such as CCleaner to remove all your MRUs, then it won't show up. Windows will re-create the folder when required. Open and close some files, have another look; should be there.

ade.h 20:31 06 Oct 05

My take a re-boot or logoff-and-on for it to take effect.

MAJ 20:34 06 Oct 05

It's hidden on mine, ade.h, well it's faded coz I'm viewing hidden files. Open the folder ade.h directed you to, TAMPICO, and go to Tools > Folder Options > View tab and tick the "Show hidden files" option, click Apply and OK to exit. The folder should then appear.

ade.h 20:47 06 Oct 05

It was visible on mine, without hidden files/folders activated. I checked that before posting. Then I ran CCleaner to see if it would remove it and it did.

ade.h 20:49 06 Oct 05

What I mean to say is - the use of CCleaner changed its properties to "hidden". Find it be enabling that option and change its properties back again.

Jonathan rawlins 20:51 06 Oct 05

If you right click you task bar, and select properties. It then brings up a window and select start menu. Then click on show in clasic view. Then click ok and then you should click on start and go up to my documents. When that goes acros, you should see all of your recnet files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…