my ps3 doesnt pick up my modem???

~blue~angel~ 22:14 30 Jan 09

hiya
i'm trying to get online on the playstation 3 and i dont know how??
i went to a computer shop and he told me how to allow other networks to use my internet but when we started up the ps3 it doesnt seem to find my usb modem???

mgmcc 08:16 31 Jan 09

I think you need to explain in more detail how you are connecting everything.

If you're using a USB Modem, is this connected to a PC with the PS3 "networked" to the PC and "Internet Connection Sharing" enabled on the actual internet connection (the PC's connection to the USB Modem)? If this is the case, the PS3 won't "find" the USB Modem, it will get its internet access over the network from the PC which is online.

~blue~angel~ 22:52 31 Jan 09

(important info:my computer knowledge is very limited!!)i'm connecting the usb into my laptop,and then i went into control panel, select "allow other users the use this internet connection" (as the nice man in the shop told me to) and everything will work. but the ps3 doesnt find it at all? do i need a router? or a cable of some sort?? :-S

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…