My Profile

Sea Urchin 22:22 PM 10 Apr 11
Answered

Has anyone successfully managed to get to My Profile?

When I try it goes straight to a Site Error page

rdave13 22:27 PM 10 Apr 11

Straight in on IE9.

onthelimit1 22:29 PM 10 Apr 11

'Site error' on IE8.

Woolwell 22:36 PM 10 Apr 11

Site error on Firefox

lotvic 22:50 PM 10 Apr 11

Okay on Firefox 3.6.16

I wonder what this: "In our forums, you have the ability to subscribe to particular users in order to receive notifications when they post new messages" is about as have seen nothing that gives that option. Hopefully it is just the email notification of replies to a question in a thread as per normal, and they have just worded it wrongly/strangely.

Woolwell 22:52 PM 10 Apr 11

Fails on Opera too

Sea Urchin 22:55 PM 10 Apr 11

lotvic

Is that not the tick box beneath the Reply box? I noticed on the first day that was ticked by default, but it has now been changed to unticked.

lotvic 23:08 PM 10 Apr 11

I'm hoping so, but in My Profile underneath that sentence it says "Allow users to subscribe to my posts"

Does that mean all my posts or does it mean Threads started by me? I feel it should be made clearer.

In our forums, you have the ability to subscribe to particular users in order to receive notifications when they post new messages.

Allow users to subscribe to my posts (box with tick already in it is here)

Anyway I have unticked my box, but then got an error because of no mobile phone number entered. So I just typed 11 zeros and then it accepted it and updated my profile....

Sea Urchin 00:33 AM 11 Apr 11

lotvic

Ah - as I cannot get into My Profile I haven't yet seen that!

birdface 09:49 AM 11 Apr 11

Works and has worked from the start on W/7 IE8 and Firefox so not sure why it does not work for others.

onthelimit1 10:28 AM 11 Apr 11

Nope. Still can't access it with IE8 and XP.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites