My Professional Business Cards won't run

maddmark 23:51 11 Jun 03

I recently bought a program made by a company called "MySoftware". It is calle "my professional business cards" It ran fine for a week, then it started acting-up. Sometimes wouldn't open. I would get a message that it couldn't be found. Finally I tried to un-install it, thinking I would then re-install it, and get it running. Wrong!! It would only re-install up to 15% and then stop... As of this writing, it will neither un-install, nor re-install. I can't use it, or get rid of it. When I try to re-install now, it will only bring up the un-install screen. Tried to get tech. help from the company who markets it, but they want me to pay them for help. Has anyone got any answers...Please!!!????

Djohn 00:53 12 Jun 03

Re-boot your PC in safe-mode and try to remove from there. If this does not work, please post back on this thread with your operating system details, (XP 95 98). Someone will help you further. j.

hugh-265156 01:00 12 Jun 03

im not familiar with the software or the company but what i would suggest is to remove it manually.but first,if its xp then create a restore point using system restore.

after that, boot into safe mode by restarting the computer and tapping F8

once in safe mode try to uninstall it via add remove programs.

if that does not work then,right click the start button and click explore all users,navagate to C/program files(or wherever you installed to)and right click the folder and delete it)

next click start/search and search for my business cards and my software and delete all it finds.

before you go any further back up the registry(system restore will have done this but its best to be extra careful)

click start/run and type regedit into the run on my computer then click file/export and save to a folder of your choosing.(the reg.can be restored by just clicking this saved file)

next click start/run and type regedit into the run box.then click on my computer then click edit then on find and look again for the above software.

each item found delete it by right clicking and choose delete.then tap F3 and it will continue searching.delete all it finds untill it says finished searching.

restart the computer.

you should now be able to reinstall it.

-pops- 06:35 12 Jun 03

When you've done all your un-installing (or even before), have a look around click here and download the Avery wizard click here.

The above assumes you are using Word. If not, you can download a template for any Avery product click here
Buy a pack of suitable Avery business card blanks from your stationery supplier and exercise your design talents using the templates in the wizard.

Best of all, this software is free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…