my printer won't work

diddi.ash 20:39 07 Nov 03

I have a epson printer that just suddenly wont work, i get a warning box that comes up and says "An unknown error has occurred.
Unplug your printer and contact your dealer or authorized service center".
I have tryed putting the original disc for printer in but no joy.
I am running on windows 98.

woodchip 20:52 07 Nov 03

How old the Printer? if over 12 months is it worth it

TommyRed 20:59 07 Nov 03

I had an epson C20 before the printer I've got now, a Canon i320. I received a message like yours and when I investigated it had leaked black ink and was kaput. I'd got it from the catalogue with extended warranty so they exchanged it. TR

wee eddie 21:00 07 Nov 03

It maybe called a 'drip tank' or something similar.

Use the search facility and it will direct you to a site that tells you how to do it.

diddi.ash 09:49 08 Nov 03

I can not find the drip tray!

wee eddie 10:35 08 Nov 03

the print heads sit on, when not in use.

However there are threads that suggest that cleaning/emptying it is not a simple matter and also requires a software reset.

woodchip 14:47 08 Nov 03

Inside a Inkjet printer there are waste ink tanks full of felt pads to soak up printer cleaning ink these fill up over time and the printer as to be dismantled to empty them that usually means something will get broken as you take it apart, they are meant to be thrown away. All the best with all that INK . It will cost more in ruined close

woodchip 14:48 08 Nov 03

"Clothes" I am a dummy

diddi.ash 20:00 08 Nov 03

Thanks everyone for your help, i think i will buy a new one, as it is 2 years old, but then it has had little use!

wee eddie 21:08 08 Nov 03

And contact Epson.

There may be a perfectly simple explanation.

We all have our ideas but they should know what it means!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…