Is My Printer Dead

Jocat 12:45 25 Jan 04

Hi There,

I have an Epson 760 PRinter (Old I Know) but today it has started not being able to feed in the paper most of the time. You can help it in but usually you end up with really crumpled paper. Is this the end for my printer? If so can anyone recommend a good printer similar to the 760. I have a Phot 830 but need something that can be used for day to day printing.

Any comment appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jocat

rickf 12:53 25 Jan 04

The 680 is a very reliable one in my experience if you can still get it. Pretty good for photos too,

geedad 13:27 25 Jan 04

I have a 760. It is perfect for letters and photo printing. I have not experienced any problems such as yours, but would recommend reading page 55 of your manual. If you have no manual, then the advice for paper feed problems are:
1. Remove and reload the stack of paper, then press the load/eject button ( the middle button on the right-hand side of the printer).
2. Make sure the paper is not old or creased.
3. " " " " " " loaded above the arrow on the left edge guide.
4. " " " " " " too thin or rough. Use paper that meets the paper requirements for this printer.
And don't forget. You can always contact Epson for their advice. UK phone is 01442261144 if still current!
good luck!
geedad

Sheila-214876 13:56 25 Jan 04

I had exactly the same problem with a 760 paper always went in lopsided. I went for an Epson C44 good printer £49 from click here or £55 from click here and economical to run with compatible ink from click here Most Epson printers these days are USB only - though there are a few that are dual. For price comparisons checkout click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…