My previous - BIOS Checker

Lady Lara 22:46 20 Aug 04

Have had a thought. Could the reason my pc is erratic (kept crashing and other faults) beacuse of a temperature problem. It is at 65 degrees?

jojiie 22:57 20 Aug 04

My sons PC had the same problem, event viewer said acpi was attempting to write to an illegal i/o port, I flashed the bios and it was as good as new.

Valvegrid 07:07 21 Aug 04

Why do you keep creating multipul postings when one will do? It makes it very difficult for people to help you when your posts are scattered around the forum:

click here

If you want to put a posting to the top of the list all you have to do to either type 'bump' or some other charactor like ^^ which will put the post to the top.

Stuartli 09:09 21 Aug 04

Whilst fully agreeing with Valvegrid's comment about multiple postings, if the case temperature is as high as you state (in Celcius), then it is the most likely cause.

Check that all the various fans are working, that air is able to flow through the case and, if you don't have enough fans, add a front case fan to pull in cooler air.

Also check that the air flow around the case is maximised by keeping a space around it near room corners or walls.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…