My pointer keeps going to one of the corners of the screen

Rotenone 21 Jun 11

In Windows 7 the pointer keeps shooting very fast to ons of the corners of the screen'.I have looked at 'Snap to' in 'pointer options' (via Hardware and Sound',then right click on 'USB optical wheel mouse' then left click on 'mouse settings')but whether I check or uncheck this box,it makes no difference.I am marking exam. papers online and it happens very frequently when Iuse the 'highlighter tool' which is available to underline any important points. Can anybody advise me as to how to remove this very annoying function.

Woolwell 21 Jun 11

Are you using a mouse mat?

Crosstrainer2 21 Jun 11

I agree with Woolwell, I think it might be the mat. It's common in Win7. Have you tried deleting the device and rebooting?

This sometimes helps....If you can afford one, a laser mouse is your best bet!

Sapins 21 Jun 11

Try a sheet of white paper instead of a mouse mat, it gives more stability to the mouse movements.

proudfoot 21 Jun 11

It occasionally happens with me on Vista. I used to use a mouse mat. When I used a mouse mat it still happened, I now just use my mouse on the hard wood surface of my desk it is not much of a problem to me.

Rotenone 21 Jun 11

Thank you all for your very speedy replies.I was going to buy a new mouse mat but,on your advice,I have removed the mouse mat and already there seems to be a big improvement. Best wishes to you all.

Woolwell 21 Jun 11

It tends to happen with diagrams/pictures on the mat. Try a plain one.

robin_x 21 Jun 11

Upside down table mat (cork) is also very good.

Rotenone 29 Jun 11

Again,thank you all for your help.The problem is solved.Thank goodness for PC Advisor!!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

See 24 hours in London with Paul Richardson's hyperlapse tour

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message