my Pictures screensaver

sheila.weston 17:41 28 Dec 05

I wish to put some recent images onto the desktop 'My Pictures Slideshow' Screensaver. I have all my documents/images etc on a second hard disk F:\ and the slideshow doesn't pick these up. The program files are on drive c:\. Is it possible to get the images in the 'My Pictures' folder showing as a screen saver without copying them all over to wherever the screensaver wants them?

Thanks for any help.

Sheila

Thalmus 17:58 28 Dec 05

Download the TweakUI powertoy from microsoft

click here

In there will be an option to specify the target of your 'my pictures folder'

The screen saver should now pick them up

ade.h 19:29 28 Dec 05

You don't need TweakUI to do this (though you should probably get it anyway).

Under the Screensaver tab of Desktop Properties, select the My Pictures Slideshow from the dropdown and then hit Settings. In here, you'll find a file path location with a browse button. Hit Browse and drill down through the folder tree of the relevant partition, which will be listed under My Computer.

ade.h 19:33 28 Dec 05
  sheila.weston 10:09 29 Dec 05

Many thanks ade.h and Thalmus. All sorted now. I have also downloaded the html slideshow from click here which looks useful.

Sheila

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…